I can also see that all of you are going to great
lengths to keep me from being trunky... either that or you're not excited to
see me. haha, just kidding. On Sunday night, I will go to San Fernando then the
next morning, I will wake up and go to Baguio with Sister A. Then I’ll come back
to San Fernando and have interviews with president and hopefully have time to
visit some of my Sevilla friends. Then on Tuesday morning, we will go to Manila
and go to the temple and then we can do whatever we want in Manila and then on Wednesday
morning, I will get on a plane and come home! Haha. I'm actually getting really
excited to come home. I’m just excited to see all of you. I know it will be
hard to come home, so I’m a little nervous, but I know everything will be ok.
I have some good news!! BROTHER M IS GETTING BAPTIZED
ON SATURDAY. I got permission from President to go to his baptism. So excited! Three
of the branch missionaries and Brother M visited me in Bauang on Sunday. They
just showed up at the chapel. It was so happy! I was so glad to see them and I’m
glad that I will be able to see some people in Agoo before I go home. As for
our missionary work this week, we had a great week. We had 39 lessons last
week, which is really good. And Brother R came to church again! And so did Brother
C. We had a great lesson with Brother R. I was so happy for him. He said that
he will not miss any more Sundays and he is ready to be baptized. He’s even
planning who will baptize him and everything. He just still needs to quit
smoking. We were riding on a jeepney earlier and saw him smoking which was kind
of depressing but I know he can do it.
In other news, a couple days ago a man yelled at me,
"you wife me!" haha, that's a new one. I get "you're
beautiful" "I love you" "what's your name" and things
like that 20 times a day, but that one is a new one.
We just had lunch with the Elders in my district. Elder
M woke up early this morning and made this delicious food (bicol express) for
all of us so we could have a nice little party for Sister Mortell's last
district meeting.
I’m just about out of time; I need to go proselyte
in 5 minutes... I’m not sure if I will have time to email next week or not. I
am just trying to enjoy my last few days as a missionary. I honestly think
everyone else here is more trunky for me…endless jokes about eternal marriage. But
I am so excited to see all of you. I love all of you very much and I will
probably talk to you next week. If not, I’ll see you next Wednesday!
Love, Sister Mortell
No comments:
Post a Comment