Monday, January 12, 2015

Eternal Phamily

I forgot to tell you some good news I learned a few weeks ago! I was in the office and I was talking to an elder that is assigned in my first area right now. Brother and Sister G (my very first baptism) got sealed in the temple! Hooray! I am so happy for them. They are so awesome!!

We have no baptisms scheduled until after I go home and I don't know about Agoo. I just emailed my old companion, so hopefully I’ll hear soon. As for as investigators and stuff like that though, a miracle happened this week! Brother R came to church! He will hopefully be baptized on Feb. 28. He has been taught by the missionaries on and off for several years. He has two children that are RMs and all of his kids are members. Yesterday was the first time he came to church—EVER in his whole life. We didn't have much of a chance to talk to him about his experience, but we're visiting him on Thursday. I hope he had a great experience. We were so happy when we heard this voice say "Sisters! Sisters! My dad is at church!" The whole branch was really happy too because a lot of them come work with us for his lessons and a lot of them kept telling us to give up on him because, "He'll never change." haha, looks like he's changing now! In other news, Brother C finally came to church again. We were pretty frustrated with him because it seems like he doesn't really care about anything and it's been hard for us to teach him because we can't always find a fellowshipper, so we were going to pass him to the elders. We asked him about it and he doesn't want to be passed to them, so I guess we'll keep teaching him for now. It is extremely hard to teach him because it is really hard for him to understand things. But we had a pretty good lesson with him last week, so things are definitely looking up.

Remember how I kept feeling sick? Well, that continued last week. All of us were having all kinds of tummy problems (except the Filipinas). My companion was really sick for a day so we had to miss like 2 hours of proselyting. It drove us crazy to stay in the apartment. She just rested and I cleaned the entire house very thoroughly (including the fridge-- that was a big task). Then we just went out and worked but she was still pretty sick. We think we figured out the problem... I think our filtered water isn't actually filtered. We stopped drinking it and now we pretty much feel better.

Other things... hmm... this is my last normal pday. Next week I have to go to career workshop and the Monday after that I think I’ll be with Sister A (my MTC companion) and I think we're going to Baguio. Then, not this Sunday, but the next one I will go to San Fernando and then have my next pday the next day and then go to Manila and then home I guess. That’s pretty weird. I can't believe it. Meanwhile, I’m the joke of the ward. Everyone loves teasing missionaries who are close to going home. My emotions are getting more and more confusing the closer I get to coming home.

Last week President surprised us all by surprise visiting our apartments and then making us teach him. And then he videoed it and evaluated it and whatnot. He made everyone teach the restoration in 3 minutes (not even apostasy or Jesus Christ's earthly ministry. just the restoration-- which is really easy.) For some reason (maybe because we're probably the oldest companionship in the mission) he made us teach the entire plan of salvation in 3 minutes. haha. It actually went pretty well though. It was weird to watch myself in a video. I realized that I move my eyes around a lot.

We had zone activity earlier today. We played games including an egg toss and volleyball and soccer on the beach. It was really fun. An elder from my MTC group was my partner in the egg toss since he's in a trisome and my companion was the one in charge. We made it pretty far--just barely lost. I also discovered that soccer is actually really fun.

I love all of you! And I will see you in a short 16 days! I hope the inversion and birds are gone by the time I get to Boise.

Love,
Sister Mortell







No comments:

Post a Comment