Sister J and her son passed their interview! Hooray!
I’m so happy for them.
Things are going pretty well. I can't imagine
training a foreigner, because it's kind of hard training a Filipina. It is funny
though. She speaks Visaya. Of course, she also speaks Tagalog, but she doesn't
know a lot of words in Tagalog. She is very kind. She just turned 19 in the MTC.
She’s probably the youngest sister in the mission. And I just got done being companions
with the oldest sister in the mission. Training is going well. I kind of feel a
lot of weight on my shoulders... it's like I am doing literally everything, but
it's good. It’s helpful that she knows Tagalog.
Sister Dial and I now get to run every morning.
It's also good because Sister Smith is still next door and her companion is her
MTC companion, Sister Morrill. So it's pretty fun. I have actually felt pretty
calm and confident about being a trainer. I just am trying to remember how hard
the first few weeks of the mission are. I am very impressed with my companion. She
has great questions that she asks investigators and whatnot. I still do about
95% of the lesson, but she is way better than I was when I got here. I still
play the piano a lot.
Sister Dial and I are freaking out that we're
coming home so soon... part of me is excited to come home and see you and go
back to BYU and everything but I’m also really sad to stop being a missionary. I
woke up a couple days ago and started to cry because I don't want to quit being
a missionary.
Life is just the same here... run around teaching
lessons, try to get people to come to church, some show up, some don't. haha. We
had a good lesson with Sister M. We taught her the law of chastity. She's not
married. The lesson went really well and she really accepted it. That was a
little stressful teaching law of chastity completely on my own. But it went
well.
Nothing too terrible happened this week... just the
usual rats, cockroaches, ants crawling on me nonstop, smelly water. Same as
always! One of the new sisters in Agoo keeps freaking out though and saying
that Agoo makes her feel like she's always camping. It’s true. Oh,
recently I have developed the skill of getting ready very quickly. Now I can
get completely ready including shower, dress and everything in about 7 minutes.
You learn so much on your mission! haha
My time is up! Love you all. Have a wonderful week.
Baguio
Interesting Jeepney
So cute!
Love these girls!
Sister Dial is in Agoo!


No comments:
Post a Comment