Don’t worry mom, I’m being safe and healthy. I am
very diligent about my vitamins.
[Editor’s
Note: We were emailing back and forth with Allyson and after we read about her
illness, this was what Tom wrote to her: “I just forgot about this until now.
When I was saying my prayers one morning early this week, (I think it was
Tuesday or Wednesday) I had this distinct impression that you were struggling
with something that was very difficult. I didn't know what it was, but I knew
you were going through something difficult. I prayed fervently that the Lord
would help you through it. I felt a sense of peace and then forgot all about
it.
Now that I think about it, I'm glad The Lord gave
me the chance to exercise some extra faith on your behalf.” Allyson responded
with: “Dad, that's a really cool experience. Thanks for your prayers and faith!
Turns out I'm ok now. I'm glad Heavenly Father let you exercise your faith for
me.”]
Our investigators are doing ok. Missionary work…same
old same old. Two of our investigators with baptismal dates have all sorts of
concerns. They are just a mess, but they have really strong testimonies and
really want to be baptized so we are working on that. The H family is doing
great. We have another investigator that is really progressing. He’s been to
church 3 times now and is doing well. He is only 20, but we got permission from
president to extend a baptismal date. We’ll do that this week. It’s a little
hard though, because he struggles in Tagalog. But luckily he understands Tagalog
really well; he's just a little slow at speaking it. So we're going to bring an
Ilocano speaker with us next time.
We also got this awesome new investigator
yesterday. Earlier this week, Sister Glori and I were taking a picture in a
rice field. It was very pretty there. Then we both slipped off the little path
thing into the rice field. That was embarrassing. So our feet and legs were
really muddy. So we went and knocked on this door and asked if we could use
their water pump. The girl there was very nice and we washed our feet and she
said we could come back and teach her. We taught her yesterday. She is only
like 17 though, so that's a problem, but she lives there and helps her older
sister who is deaf. They do sign language. Her dad lives there too and her mom
is working abroad. When we got there she told us that she was confused because
she is being taught by Jehovah’s Witness and she doesn't know what to do or
what the truth is. She really liked our message though. We had a great powerful
lesson with her and I am excited to teach her again!
I’m missing Baguio just a little bit right now...
last week I tried to look for some jam to buy. I couldn't find any. Guess I’ll
be saying bye to jam, honey, mustard, my favorite hot sauce, and basically
every food that isn't Filipino. Welcome to Agoo.
We have a zone conference in Baguio and Sister Smith
and I are trying to figure out how to sneak away to the grocery store and get
everything. haha.
There are so many missionaries here. In Baguio,
probably about 5 times a week we would see missionaries from either Jehovah
Witness, Iglesia, or Baptist. We just awkwardly greet each other, "Good
afternoon."
You're the best. My time is up. I love you all very
much. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for everything.
Last P-day in Baguio. [Thanks for the Pictures, Sister Jackson]


No comments:
Post a Comment