Our referral, the woman
with the Dr. Seuss name, came to stake conference and told us she wants to come
back to church and she wants to be reminded about our religion and what she
needs to do. She is the nicest human ever and she gave us pancakes and is going
to make adobo next time.
Our investigator with the next baptism date is
really good! I love him and his wife and their baby so much. They are the most
perfect family ever. I just want them to be sealed in the temple and be happy
forever. His wife was so sweet when we taught him about priesthood. She just
said that she was so happy that she was going to have a priesthood holder in
her home because her dad was never worthy so they always had to go to the
bishop. They are so adorable and their baby is the cutest baby in the entire
world.
Our other referral didn’t come to church... but we taught
her and her husband. They are also a perfect little family. We are trying to
figure out why they didn't get baptized. They told us they knew the Book of Mormon
is true and she told us this story about God answering her prayers through a
dream that Joseph was a true prophet. They are super willing to listen and are
so sweet. So that's convenient that they already believe in the Book of Mormon
and Joseph Smith!
A member worked with us for one lesson last night. We
were teaching the man who had been very active in the church but was now
inactive. We taught about the atonement then asked the member to share his
testimony. He had basically been sleeping the whole lesson and then for some
reason he just taught the entire gospel of Jesus Christ (scripture included)
and then kept emphasizing how he could be sealed to his wife (nodding with his
head to the woman in the kitchen who is actually the woman he's living with. His
wife died after they were sealed in the temple and she wasn't worthy and it's a
big sore spot with him!) So that was rough...
We had this super intense
lesson with one of our investigators… just trying to get to the bottom of his
concerns, testifying our guts out. Then at the end I asked if he had any more
questions and he just says, "No, but I do have a joke." I asked what
and he said "mahirap magiging banal! (It’s hard to become holy!) You have
to attend 3 hours of church and read the Book of Mormon and be taught by the
missionaries and you always have to pray and you have to attend your priesthood
classes and Bible study!" I almost burst out laughing. The way he said it
was so funny, but he's willing to do what it takes, he just doesn't necessarily
like it. haha.
Anyway, last week
my companion tried to ask a member if she was baptized in the sea (dagat). She
actually said "were you baptized in the dugo (blood)" so that's
awkward. We all had a good laugh at that.
Also, good news! Our ward finally got home
teachers! Before my mission I thought home teaching and visiting teaching were kind of silly. It is not! It is a huge deal. After my mission I’m going to take
visiting teaching so seriously!
It is hot... it was less hot for a couple weeks but now
it seems really hot. Yesterday I was having some serious problems because I
couldn't get my face dry with my hanky because it was so wet! Also, that's probably TMI [too much information].
Looks like I’ve been in the Philippines too long! That's because I told you about my sweat and people here
love talking about sweat, bowel movements, and the like.
I've been running every
morning. Also, I borrowed Sister Dial’s fitbit one day. I walked 11 miles in
one day. We are on the weirdest eating schedule here. I eat some toast or
cereal for breakfast, a GIANT lunch, and then get fed a bunch of coke and
crackers or cookies or pastries or whatever while we're teaching, and then
usually a tiny or nonexistent dinner.
Thank you and I love you so much. Have a wonderful
week!
We have to double stack our chairs so they won't break! haha. I guess that's what happens when there are 4 Americans in one apartment.
[We just received some really old pictures from Ally.]




No comments:
Post a Comment